A client required on-site UPVC schedule 80 pipe and fitting installation for filter vessels. Fusion staff quickly mobilised to install a new set of filters, saving the client potential lost downtime.
Left: The fitting is prepared for cementing by applying Tangit Cleaner.
Right: Using a brush, Tangit Solvent Cement is applied to pipes and fittings.
Above, left: Side view of the UPVC pipe work, valves and fittings attached to a third party’s fibre reinforced tank.
Above, right: Installation progresses as fittings will soon be attached to these open ends.
Above, left & right: An overview of recently installed UPVC pipe work including a range of butterfly valves, tees, elbows.
Products used in this installation
- 4 inch UPVC pipe (various lengths, cut to size)
- 4 inch UPVC 90° and 45° elbows with socket ends
- 4 inch UPVC 90° equal tees
- 4 inch, 110mm UPVC butterfly valves type 567 with hand levers
- 4 inch to 6 inch UPVC reducing bushes
- 6 inch UPVC couplings
- 4 inch UPVC van stone flanges
- 6 inch UPVC full faced flanges
- 6 inch Galvanised Steel Backing Rings
- Cleaner for cleaning sockets before cementing (We used Tangit Cleaner for UPVC / CPVC / ABS)
- Solvent cement for jointing the pipe work (We used Tangit All Pressure for UPVC)
- Polypropylene pipe clips for safely fastening the pipe work.
How are UPVC Piping Systems Jointed?
When jointing and installing UPVC piping systems, care and expertise is essential to make sure that correct adhesion is applied to joints. This is especially important in installations where harsh chemicals will be flowing through the pipe work.
What will you need?
The items you will need for jointing UPVC pipe work between sizes d250 – d400mm are:
- A pipe cutter, or for larger diameters, a hand saw
- A chamfering tool
- A de-burring tool
- Tangit Cleaner for UPVC / CPVC / ABS
- Tangit All Pressure for UPVC
- A pen (for marking the pipe, this is optional, however it’s recommended to help show the full area needed for jointing, without it, you may not apply enough cement to form the strongest bond between the pipe and fitting / valve.
- A paint brush (a wider one is recommended for larger diameter pipe to keep gluing time to a minimum).
- Lint-free paper towel (to wipe excess glue).
Seeking professional Installation?
Fusion not only stocks and supplies plastic piping system product but also has a team of installation experts, design engineers, plastics fabricators and technical support staff ready to provide assistance for your next project or tender.
If you’re interested in any of the products that are apart of UPVC installation or specific items listed in our client’s installation please contact us.
UPVC Solvent cement