ABS: The Basics
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) is a thermoplastic polymer suited to uses primarily within marine, cooling/refrigeration and other industrial applications.
ABS is suited to applications where a mechanically strong product is required and where temperature variations are more moderate. ABS does not provide the chemical resistance to that of UPVC but is more suited to applications where water, salt water and diluted acids and bases may be required.
ABS is also suited to mining and industrial applications where heavy liquids, slurries and abrasive materials may apply because of its mechanical strength and smooth surface texture.
- UV stabilised
- Superior impact resistance when compared to UPVC and CPVC
- Broad temperature rating (including sub-zero temperatures)
- High pressure rating
- Suitable for abrasive materials
- Easy to use and install
Applications where Fusion has supplied ABS
- Containerised water treatment plants. WA, QLD and PNG
- Mine site projects. Pilbara Region WA
- Chemical processing plant. Perth WA
- Commercial pool construction. Perth WA