Asahi Gate Valves are widely used ON/OFF valves for large diameter, full port applications. When the valve is open, it allows a straight-through passage similar to the inside diameter of the connecting pipe providing minimal pressure drop.
The valve operates when the hand wheel and stem screw (or electric actuator) move a cylindrical plug (the gate) up and down at right angles to the fluid flow.
Traditionally, gate valves are used only for ON/OFF service, but because of Asahi’s unique sliding plug design, it provides a larger seating area and can also be used for throttling. The larger seating area, which runs 360 degrees around the cylindrical plug, virtually eliminates valve chatter commonly associated with gate valves. Asahi/America gate valves feature a solid polypropylene plug with a non-rising stem design.
|Size||1.5 – 14 inch|
|Bodies||High Impact PVC (HI-PVC)|
|Types / Sizes||PP, 1.5 – 14inch|
|Seals||EPDM or FKM(Optional)|
- Asahi Valves – 3 year warranty
- Clean-out functionality is provided via a drain plug located at the bottom of the valve.
- All sizes rated for full vacuum service.
- Lightweight for easy installation.
- No metal to media contact inside the valve.
- Straight flow through with minimal pressure drop.
- Unique sliding cylindrical plug design provides larger seating area than conventional gate valves.
- Positive bubble tight shut-off.
- Visual position indicator.
- Electric actuated options are available in sizes: 1.5 – 3 inch.