CPVC: The Basics
Post-Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride
Post Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (CPVC) is a plastic superior in temperature rating and chemical resistance to UPVC.
It allows increased chemical resistance where products such as steel or fibreglass reinforced products may have traditionally been required and can often provide similar results to reduced cost.
Its smooth internal surface ensures limited material / scale buildup from conveyed liquids during operations.
CPVC is widely used in the water treatment, chemical processing and other similar industries.
- Suitable for highly corrosive materials
- High temperature rating
- High pressure rating
- Easy to use and install
- Non corrosive
- High burning resistance/self-extinguishing
Applications where Fusion has supplied CPVC
- Chlor-alkali plant construction. Brisbane QLD
- Chemical processing plant. Perth WA
- Mine site projects. Pilbara Region WA
- Water Authority plants. WA, QLD and SA
0.5 – 16 inch
Up to 16 bar (1600 kpa)
0 – 80°C
Tangit or IPS/Weld-On solvent cement
Colour and Texture
Light grey, shiny smooth