Unplasticised Polyvinyl Chloride
Unplasticised Polyvinyl Chloride (UPVC) is a highly regarded piping system that is suitable within the water treatment, chemical processing and similar industries.
UPVC is an extremely versatile product that has uses ranging from drinking water to highly corrosive chemical applications. The product contains UV stabilising additives and thermal properties which ensure that it is suitable for both interior and exterior environments. Its smooth texture also ensures that there is limited build up of materials or scale from the liquids during operations.
The product is lightweight (compared to metallic systems), easy to handle and easy to install.
- Excellent chemical resistance to many acids, alkalis, bases and salts.
- Wide temperature rating of 0 – 60˚C.
- UV resistant / stabilised.
- High pressure rating of up to 16 bar.
- Free from toxicity, odours and tastes and conforms to NSF International Standard 61.
- Highly resilient, tough and durable with high tensile and impact strength.
- Its light weight makes it easy to handle and reduces the cost of transportation and installation.
- Easy to install with inexpensive tools and cleaner / glue.
- Excellent corrosion resistance and doesn’t scale, pit or rust.
- Smooth interior walls provide a high consistent flow rate and low friction loss.
- Lower thermal conductivity factor than metal pipe. Therefore piped fluids maintain a more constant temperature.
Installing UPVC and require solvent cement and cleaner?
Easily calculate the quantities required for your next installation project.
Fusion: Australian Distributor for Charlotte Pipe Co.
Charlotte Pipe has been relentless in their commitment to quality and service for more than a century. They are a leading full-line manufacturer of UPVC, CPVC, and ABS piping systems for drainage and pressure applications. Charlotte’s systems are designed to fit together precisely for easier installation, fewer callbacks and a lifetime of trouble-free service.
A Sample of Our UPVC Range
UPVC Reducing Tee 90˚
UPVC Elbow 45˚
UPVC Coupler / Coupling
UPVC Threaded Adaptor Fitting
UPVC Mechanical Branch Saddle
UPVC Reducing Bush
Our UPVC Pipe
We carry stock of UPVC Schedule 80 pipe and fittings, Schedule 40 pipe, British standard fittings and solvent cements, cleaners and accessories to help with installation.
What is Schedule 80 & Schedule 40?
A pipe’s “Schedule” is simply a reference to its wall thickness. A 2 inch schedule 80 pipe will have a smaller internal diameter than a 2 inch schedule 40 pipe. Therefore, the higher the schedule, the thicker the wall. The “Schedule” classification of pipe is used not only for PVC but also with other materials such as steel.
Why choose Schedule 80 over Schedule 40?
It depends on your application. Schedule 80’s thick wall provides for increased pressure loads and more suitability to harsher environments, making it commonly used in heavy duty commercial or industrial applications.
Interested in our range of UPVC products? Download or request a print copy of our Product Guide to see the full range or contact us.
Where Fusion Has Supplied UPVC
- A chlor-alkali plant construction in Brisbane, Queensland.
- A chemical processing plant in Perth, Western Australia.
- Mine site projects throughout the Pilbara Region in Western Australia.
- Multiple water authority plants throughout Western Australia, Queensland and South Australia.
- Many containerised water treatment plants in Western Australia, Queensland and Papua New Guinea.