Butterfly valves are quarter-turn valves with equal percentage type flow characteristics. They provide moderate flow control and therefore can be used in both on/off and modulating services. They provide good tolerance to suspended solids, but are not recommended for use with slurries or debris (diaphragm valves are more commonly suited to these applications). The butterfly valve is well suited for large bore lines and is low profile; making it ideal for tight spaces.
Asahi Butterfly Valve Range
Industries of Application
|Product||Size Range (inch)||Chemical Processing||Water Treatment||Aquaculture||Commercial Pools / Aquariums||Mining|
|Type 57||1.5 – 14||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Type 57-IL||3 – 12||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Type 57 LIS||3 – 8||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Type 55||2 – 10||Y||Y|
|Type 55 IS (lever)||2 – 5||Y||Y|
|Type 55 IS (gear)||2 – 8||Y||Y|
|Type 75||18 – 24||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Type 56D / 75D||16 – 24||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Pool Pro||1.5 – 12||Y||Y|
|PDCPD||28 – 48||Y||Y||Y||Y|
What sets Asahi Butterfly Valves above the rest?
UPVC Class A Resin
The UPVC resin adds greater structural integrity to all Asahi products by reducing voids in the molding process. It also improves the environmental / chemical resistance of the valve — meaning a longer life in heavy-duty applications.
Asahi butterfly valves are also available in high-quality CPVC, PP and PVDF plastics for other applications as required.
The valve’s design makes them more effective in applications using harsher chemicals by not exposing contact to the outer valve body; only the internal disc and seat come into contact with media.
Choice of Disc
Due to its non-contact seat design, high-quality performance can be achieved without the cost. The disc can be selected specifically to suit an application as well as the outer body. Material options for both the inner and outer components include UPVC, CPVC, PP and PVDF.
Further Benefits / Inclusions
- A flange stopper to prevent over-compressing liners due to improper installation.
- An absorption channel to never worry about an over-tightened liner causing excessive stem torque.
- A spherical disc to gain higher flow coefficient (Cv) and extended valve life cycle.
- An Asahi Plasgear™ plastic gear operator: the first industrial, non-metallic gear box with superior corrosion resistance.
Asahi Type 57: Standard Features (Sizes 1.5 – 14 inch)
- The valve comes in a wide range of materials specific to your requirements. Most commonly offered with UPVC body and PP disc for superior chemical resistance and elevated temperature capabilities.
- The 316 stainless steel shaft has full engagement over the entire length of the disc and is a non-wetted part.
- Only the solid, abrasion resistant plastic disc and elastomeric liner are wetted parts.
- The mounting pad has an ISO connection making it easy to attach accessories without body or stem modifications.
- A PP retainer to prevent stem removal.
- Seat overtightening protection.
- A 21-position throttle plate when the lever handle style is attached.
Lever: 1.5- 8 inch
Gear: 1.5 – 14 inch
Up to 16 bar (1600 kpa)
0 – 60°C
Tangit or IPS / Weld-On solvent cement
Stems: 316 Stainless Steel, Titanium or Hastelloy C.
Chemical processing, bleach plants, water treatment, mining & Aquariums
- UV stability
- Moderate chemical resistance
- Long design life (depending on application)
- Up to PN16 pressure rating
- Easy to install
- Abrasion resistant
- Lower cost option to schedule 80
- Pneumatic or electric actuation with accessories.
- Discs in UPVC, CPVC, PP or PVDF.
- Stainless steel 304 or 316 lug styles for blocking and end-of-line applications.
- Stems in titanium or Hastelloy C®
- Locking devices as either gear type or standard on lever.
- 2 inch square nut on stem for 1.5 – 8 inch only or 2 inch square nut on gear operator for all sizes.
- Stem extensions (single stem and two-piece stem)
- Chain operators
- Manual limit switch (Asahi P-Series)
- Tandem arrangements (Patented by A/A, Inc.)
Asahi Type 57 Butterfly Valve Downloads
Asahi Butterfly Valves offer a wide range of capabilities across many industries.
Interested in Asahi Butterfly Valves for your next project?